Saturday, September 20, 2008

Week 9 - Thing #23 Questions

  1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
    My favorite discoveries were all of the widgets and artsy tools because I really like when things look good. It is a sickness. But, the really practical side of me liked discovering tools that will be useful for students like Rollyo, wikis, ebooks, and online tools like zoho and google docs.
  2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? Needing to stay current is part of being a librarian because we need to be on the cutting edge of information and using these technologies is 21st Century Learning. Keep current or retire.
  3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? A personal unexpected outcome was finding out how easily I can get drawn into designing a learning site, and then almost being obsessed with making sure it is perfect. But the take-a-away is the Librarian's 2.0 Manifesto of "not having to have something perfect" before release or using with students.
  4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?Make sure the links work or are current. The concept is great, as is the format. It is easy to use and follow. The only thing that kept happening to me, and it could just be me, was I lost the main page when I clicked on the links for the tasks for each thing.
  5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate? Yes.
  6. How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote CSLA learning activities? Stimulating.
I tried to complete the survey but received the message from Blogger : Blog no found. I'll keep trying to post.

The sites for copyright are very useful and I will share at school. Creative Commons is good, but I need to keep studying it and when and if I should post it on my wiki, and the Fair(y) Use video is wonderful!! How creative. The PSLA Web 2.0 23 Things has modified the California 23 things for our benefit in Pennsylvania.

This has been a great experience and I will continue on my journey as I Consider all things Web 2.0

No comments: